I've been getting back in running shape, very slowly getting ready to toe the line again. I've decided that a marathon is a strange beast. It's months and months and months of training, all culmin
ating in 3 plus hours of not exactly what I would call fun, followed by an incredibly long time of proclaiming to everyone that will listen how much you suffered through it, but all the same how proud of yourself you are, followed by a few months of awe. And then...that magic moment when you forget how much it hurts and sign up for another one. Thats where i am now. I admit it, I may in fact be a glutton for punishment. But now I've done one, It really was no where near as bad as I thought, and now I know what to expect, and I think I have a better idea how to train, and I have a bench mark for improvement.
But this year, I plan on dragging a few people down with me. So far, my cousin Daniel, Marc and Dave Sennett all want to sign up for the 26.2 mile jaunt from Bath to Corning. The hotel rooms have been booked! However, the entry fees have not been paid; my buddy Dave says that I have to wait until Tuesday, because thats the day I registered last year - so it MUST be lucky!
I did my first running race of the season yesterday, Johnny's Running of the Green. My time was 33:24, which is my best 5 mile time ever by almost a minute, finishing 142nd overall and the 20th overall female in a field of 1500, not bad! A bunch of my friends raced and had a great race too.
I got up this morning and ran 5 miles (even though it was the last thing I wanted to do!) with my friends Jon, Kyle and Matt; but of course running a little loosened me right up and then I felt fine. It was a Forge Training Camp weekend, we did a lot of paddling and training and of course a little beer drinking; it was a riot! Which reminds me - don't forget to check out my new website: www.forgeracing.org ; Well I'm exhausted, so NIGHT!

No comments:
Post a Comment